Accident and Emergency Medicine Academic Unit has been engaged in wide variety of postgraduate teaching activities. It has provided supervision for two students of Masters of Philosophy and one Post-graduate Medical Degree.
It has also taken a lead role in a number of postgraduate medical and nursing courses including:
- Trauma Life Support Courses –for medical officers and nurses in Accident and Emergency.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Courses – for medical officers and nurses in Accident and Emergency.
- Practice Tips Workshops – for PWH interns covering trauma, cardiac arrest, and sexual assault.
- Tutorial sessions for FRCS (Accident & Emergency Medicine and Surgery) candidates.
- Tutorial sessions for HKCEM Exit Examination in Emergency Medicine candidates.
- Instigation of an evidence based medicine program.
- Workshops for Accident and Emergency staff on the management of major incidents and disasters.
- Seminars in Research Methods.